Peanut Butter Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
This rich pound cake is for the peanut-butter lover in all of us.
Peanut lovers won't stop until the last bite of this peanut butter-rich cake is gone.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Peter Pan® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Parkay® Original table spread, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray 10-cup tube pan with cooking spray.
- POUND CAKE: Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Place 1 cup peanut butter and table spread in large bowl; beat with electric mixer at medium speed, about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes or until long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE: Place confectioners' sugar, milk, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl; whisk together until creamy.
- Drizzle cooled cake with glaze; sprinkle evenly with peanuts.