No-bake peanut butter treat recipe with chocolate coating
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup Peter Pan® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (1-1/4 cups = 7-1/2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Blend together confectioner's sugar, peanut butter, butter and salt in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed. Mixture will be stiff. Line large baking pan with waxed paper. Roll peanut butter mixture into small, bite-size balls, about 3/4-inch round; place on prepared baking pan. Freeze 30 minutes or until set.
- Place morsels and shortening in top of double boiler over simmering water in the bottom. Melt over medium-low heat; blend well. Reduce heat to low.
- Insert wooden pick into top of frozen peanut butter ball. Dip into melted chocolate, leaving only the top 1/4 of peanut butter ball uncovered for typical “buckeye” appearance. Place coated side on prepared baking pan. Repeat until all pieces are coated. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||10%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||14%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||2%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.